Welcome

This blog contains thoughts, observations and comments from my experiences past, present and future in the field of special education and Conductive Education. I welcome your input please feel free to comment on anything you read here!

World View


Visitor Map

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Celebrating the Jubilee

With three British conductors at school we decided to extend the patriotism and celebrate the Diamond Jubilee!
We organized our own indoor 'street party', complete with trifle,Skips,Quavers and Hula Hoops, and British bunting. We learned about the Queen, and some of the things she has accomplished in the past 60 years. And we did British arts and crafts projects!

We also created a time capsule. Our school is entering a new era as we expand with we classes, teachers and conductors.
Each of the students were asked to write a letter to their future selves. Using their communication systems and books they wrote their likes and dislikes, and their thoughts and feelings about themselves and their school.

Statements included:
I like playing with children.
Sometimes we do weird things in school but it's lots of fun!
I like having my passé mur so I can talk!
School is fun but at times I don't like this school.
I like to eat with my friends at school.










No comments:

Post a Comment